6 Steps to Business Sustainability!
Most business sustainability programs are started to encourage employees and customers to embrace green initiatives. The reasons to do so can include improve company culture, encourage employees to work green and to attract customers interested in patronizing businesses who promote Sustainability.
It can be a challenge in small companies with limited resources, however the results can be rewarding. 75 percent of small business owners reported that during the recession from 2008 to 2011, they saw an increase in the number of customers wanting to patronize “green businesses.” This was especially true according to owners of “microbusinesses” with five or fewer employees.
The businesses surveyed cited many reasons for their business increases, with four key principles that made the difference between success and failure.
Green Buildings Reduce Energy Use
By using modern construction and renovation practices, Sustainability International Partners high performance building practices can help to decrease adverse effects upon the environment from our buildings.
Water Management Conserves Scarce Resources
By the use of water conservation, storm water management and environmentally friendly landscaping practices Sustainability International Partners can save and lessen the negative impact of water usage on our lives and the environment.
Renewable Energy Reduces Energy Use and Emissions
By embracing energy efficiency standards and renewable energy use, Sustainability International Partners energy use and greenhouse gas emissions can be reduced helping to protect our environment.
EV Charging Stations Provide Convenience
Sustainability International Partners can assist more and more travelers who are looking for the convenience of Electric Vehicle charging stations by installing stations onsite.
Recycling Reduces Environmental Impact
Recycling protects the environment by reducing the amount of waste entering landfills.
Embracing Green Business Practices
Sustainability International Partners green practices through the use of sustainable purchasing, electronics stewardship, transportation, waste diversion, and pollution prevention help in creating the harmony between business and nature necessary to protect our environment.
Sustainability Internationals Voluntary Green Initiatives.
Your business can embrace sustainability by adopting our voluntary green initiatives. Sustainability is good for our environment, and it’s good for your business.
Our Partner’s Embrace Sustainability by Pledging to:
- Recycle & Reduce Wastes: Use highly visible and well marked recycling containers in all areas to recycle glass, metal, and paper.
- Use Water Efficiently: Have a plan for conserving water.
- Use Energy Efficiently: Have a plan for reducing energy consumption.
- Support Green Events: Offer a Green environmentally friendly package for all events.
- Minimize use of Disposable Products: Use products made from bio-based or renewable resources and recycle or compost them.
- Minimize Chemical Use: Have a plan to minimize the use of pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, and fertilizers.
- Recycle Grease: Dispose of grease in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Promote Green Practices: Use opportunities to educate guests about the environment and how they interact with it.
- Promote Green Partners: Feature your green partners and promote their environmental sensitivity to your guests.
- Minimize Printed Materials: Use digital marketing and web presence to spread your message.
Calculate Your Carbon Footprint
If you would like to calculate your Carbon Footprint, follow the link to the free carbon footprint calculator of the United States Environmental Protection Agency.